Tuesday, May 8, 2012

And then I was a debut novelist

I'm sure there will be a time for details later. Now, however, is the time for ex!cla!ma!tion points! Because I'm going to be published!

The official announcement:
 
Natalie Parker's BEWARE THE WILD, pitched as Twin Peaks meets The Village, in which a claustrophobic Louisiana town is dominated by its sinister, encroaching swamp, which swallows up a boy who is instantly forgotten by everyone except his sister, and replaced by a mysterious girl from the past who is intent on taking over his family and his life, to Phoebe Yeh at Harper Children's, in a good deal, in a pre-empt, in a two-book deal, for publication in Winter 2014, by Sarah Davies at the Greenhouse Literary Agency (NA).

That's right. HarperCollins Children's Books! I am so happy I could sprout flowers from the top of my head. And oh, holy crow, there's already a Goodreads page.  

To every one of you who has been reading this blog over the years, THANK YOU.

31 comments:

  1. Well done and good luck, a proud moment for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you!! All your hard work has PAID OFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so, so excited for you Natalie! I loved your book from the very first line, and I'm sure it's only gotten better since the draft I read a year ago. You deserve it!!!!! I can't wait to buy it in stores. *does the snoopy dance*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stefanie! I've rewritten it entirely since you saw it, but I hope you'll still love it. And I hope we'll be celebrating like this for you in the future, too!

      Delete
  4. You had me at "TWIN PEAKS."

    Well, OK -- you had me before that. :)

    There must be drinks. Oh yes, there must be drinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly died of happiness when they compared it to Twin Peaks. Then I wanted coffee. ... Then I wanted pie.

      Yes, there will be drinks. I just have to decide when and where!

      Delete
    2. PLEASEOHPLEASE do it before the 17th.

      Laura and I have to head out to Allie's graduation from Mt. Holyoke (Jeez, I'm old), and then turn around and head out to Los Angeles -- for a friend's wedding, and (YIKES!) several meetings with Producers about FAR WEST.

      We wont be free again until June 1st!

      Delete
  5. Congrats!! Sounds like a very interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I still remember this one from Maggie's Crit Partner Match-Up. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara! I'm looking forward to the day you can. :) And I hope your own writing is going well, too!

      Delete
  7. SO SO EXCITED for you! (And for Heath!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, Heath deserves some love, too. :)

      Delete
  8. WOOT! WOOT! Had to come over and congratulate you here as well! I'm so happy for you and excited--also very happy and excited for me because this means I get to read the rest of your book (I'm so selfish). Seriously though--CONGRATS! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Frankie!!! And I'm so glad you're looking forward to reading and that you still remember that beginning!

      Delete
  9. Wow! Congratulations! I feel like crying :) I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Simon! I'm still so very thrilled.

      Delete
  10. Yeah! Ok, I've said it about a dozen times, but I'm still excited. :D Congrats...again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY, Natalie!!! That is such awesome and well-deserved news--huge congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by your blog for the first time. Congrats on exciting news!!! Your book sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete